Trust me it is very simple! When I was creating my first website, I was not able to believe that WordPress is such a great and easy tool. but fact is yes! WordPress is most powerful content management system so far I have used. It has all the capabilities which you need to design and develop your website.
I must say that everyone who things that I need a website… Try WordPress you will love it! Let me show you few easy steps which you can follow and create your website or blog on WordPress.
Step – 1
To create a website you need a domain name for example.. www.yourname.com and we call it domain name, which you can buy on various website like Godaddy, Bluehost there are bunch of web hosting companies available.. it is as simple as you buy products on amazon and flipkart.
Example: Check the below screenshot , you can search your domain name whatever you like and and you will get available along with the pricing for a year.
Example: Check the below screenshot , you have 4 options to select hosting package, from Starter to Ultimate.. Normally if you book any hosting package you get domain name absolutely free.
Make sure you buy a package ( Domain Name + Hosting ) “Hosting” is just a virtual space where you can upload your all data (images, text, video etc.)and connect with your domain name..
Step – 2
WordPress installation – Content management system, that you can use to set up a blog on your website.
- Log in to your GoDaddy account.
- Click Web Hosting.
- Next to the hosting account you want to use, click Manage.
- In the Popular Apps section, click WordPress.
- Click Install Now.
- Complete the on-screen fields, and then click OK:
- Domain — Select the domain on your account you want to use.
- Directory — Enter the directory after the domain name where you want to install WordPress. If you want the domain name itself to use WordPress, the directory field should only have “/” entered.
- Enter a Username, a Password (and its confirmation), and an Email Address.
WordPress will be installed to your hosting account with the options you selected within 24 hours. When it is complete, you will receive a confirmation email.
Step – 3
While installation system is going to ask you to define your user name and password for wordpress which you can use and login on following screen.
Once you logged in you will be able to access below dashboard where you can create pages, post, photo galley, homepage and custom pages like contact forms ect.. have a look below screenshot.
If you have any confusion, or question, please feel to comment, thanks!